Casein material

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Does anyone have a photo of a pen made with Casein material and one with alternate casein material side by side so a comparison can be made???? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If your market will support the real thing, you can offer it as a $200 pen, and get it.

So the blank cost is a small percentage of your "take".

But, if you don't have the right buyers, "fake" is better than nothing!!! It makes a $100ish pen, using the same components.

I'm sure, after all the years you have done shows, you know what YOUR market will bear.

jttheclockman

If your market will support the real thing, you can offer it as a $200 pen, and get it.

So the blank cost is a small percentage of your "take".

But, if you don't have the right buyers, "fake" is better than nothing!!! It makes a $100ish pen, using the same components.

I'm sure, after all the years you have done shows, you know what YOUR market will bear.

Yes I do and right now the market can not bear $200+ pens. At least the shows I do. Last 2 years sales have been way down not only for my pens but my scrollsawn work.

bitshird

John, Same shows this year have been down form 20 to 40 % from the past two years, I think it because so many people are out of work and the ones that have jobs, for the most part are playing it pretty close. I've been wondering about the Alternate Casein, bit I still have one blank of the real stuff for an Imperial, doing a set Roller and Fountain. If Ed's got some more the price isn't that bad, Compared to some wood it is, but man is it pretty.

jttheclockman

Hey Ed

Your site shows you do not have the alternate casein material in stock. When will it be available???

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Alternate casein was an experiment.

Sometimes experiments exceed even my lofty expectations. So, we are OUT. I am entering the order today for another 200kg of various materials, including this product. Usually, that takes about 30 days to arrive at my door. So, best guess is we will see it in early November. However, from then on, it will be a "stock" product, not an experiment.

Thanks to all who purchased it and showed the results!!

workinforwood

I am only using the real thing with corporate clients, and I am fetching what Ed is saying, but as a profit margin, not the actual selling price....which obviously means I'm selling them higher than $200. There's no substitution for the real thing..so I won't be able to take any comparison photo's.

Top Bottom