cartridge pen turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

owlelope

I have purchased some 306 cartridges to make some cartridge pens. I am planning on using 7mm tubes to make slimlines or European pens. When I take the 7mm tube and put it in the cartridge it fits too loose. In reading several tutorials one of them said to solder the tube in. I am not much on soldering so is there a different way to get rid of the sloppy fit? In measuring the casing it appears that it is 8mm so i guess I could get the 8 mm european style pens but I would prefer to use what I have.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have purchased some 306 cartridges to make some cartridge pens. I am planning on using 7mm tubes to make slimlines or European pens. When I take the 7mm tube and put it in the cartridge it fits too loose. In reading several tutorials one of them said to solder the tube in. I am not much on soldering so is there a different way to get rid of the sloppy fit? In measuring the casing it appears that it is 8mm so i guess I could get the 8 mm european style pens but I would prefer to use what I have.

I'm assuming you meant 30-06 or 308?? I don't solder mine in... I use the 30-06 and use a shrink wrap tube on the 7mm tube just on the end where it goes through the tapered end of the cartridge. I glue the tubes in with gorilla glue because of the expanding properties of the glue... the shrink tube is the same as the shrink tube you put over wires and heat to shrink... I like the 5/8 size... then sand it slightly to make a tighter fit.

keithlong

I make several of these pens and what I do is cut some pieces of 8mm tube i/2 long and rugh them up and glue them in tith CA, then glue in the 7 mm tube the same way. I have had very good success with this method. Hope that it helps.

Top Bottom