Cartridge pen assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bhenr99

In using a bullet for a nib , I have a question. How do you assemble the nib and trasmission? I would think if you put bullet in first when you press transmissson the bullet make get pressed in futher even if you have CA on it from pressure. What is the best way to to assemble nib and transmisson? Thanks for any help.

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I press-fit the bullet into the case (with a reloading press). It is secure enough that I can press in a transmission (with an arbor press) later, as long as I'm careful to keep everything aligned.

That said, I have been experimenting lately with pressing the transmission into the slimline tube first, and then gluing that into the case.

Regards,
Eric

jttheclockman

I have only started to experiment with making these so not an expert but the method I am using and it works great is to use Rherrell's method. Rick has a very good tutorial in the library here and it is worth a look. check 2008 articles under Cartridge Pen by RHERRELL.

PaulDoug

I just made a jig. Block of wood with a hole drilled it in that the bullet and neck of the casing fit down into and the pressure is on the shoulder of the casing when you put the trany in. Quick picture:

Attachments

• IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 140
Top Bottom