Cartridge pen???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

For those that make large quanity cartridge pens, do you buy kits for the inners or do you have a source for just pen parts. I plan on making quite afew and it just seems a waste to buy kits when I am not going to be using the center band and the nibs. I will be using bullets. Also won't be using the clips or at least the majority of them. Need the cap, tranny and tubes. Not sure which way to go here. Any suggestions??? Thanks for the replys.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

I think it's Wood Whimsies that sells transmissions in 10 packs. Not sure about coming up with caps. Tubes can be found at most suppliers, or in 10 inch lengths.

philthephlier

cartridge pens

There is a cartridge pen that uses almost all of the parts in the Americana silver bullet kit from CSUSA. It also uses the bullet shaped nib and the pen is built on 2 .375 Holland & Holland Magnum cases. If you want more info contact me and I'll provide all the particulars and pics also.

ronhampton

where is a good place to buy blank cartridges & bullets without having to buy 100?sorry if i'm out of place, i can't seem to find a way to post a thread:confused: ron. :eek:

W.Y.

Ron.
where is a good place to buy blank cartridges & bullets without having to buy 100?
Most any Sporting Goods stores will sell quantities of 50 . That is the way I buy mine .
When you get into making that type of pen and see how fast they sell you will be glad you got them that way and did your own machining . It is a fraction of the cost of buying the pre-made ones . My first six were pre-made from woodwhinsies and after that I have been making my own and drill and assemble about a dozen at a time just to keep my backup stock of pens rotating.

The pre-made ones however are convenient for anyone that isn't selling them and just wants to make one or a few for themeselves .

W.Y.

W.Y.

No Ron, they have never been fired. They are just brand new empty shells .
I think some hunters like to buy them that way and make them up into real ones by buying the rest of the parts to suit their preferences .

W.Y.

W.Y.

Carl.
You can buy slims for $1.70 and use what you want, by the time you get the clip the nut transmission is it worth it to buy just the parts? Carl
Mine are built around the slimlin kit so far.
I use some parts from slimline kits and on some I like to use a fancier center band like the upgrade Euro one and some with a standard Euro band . I also make some with no band at all and charge $5.00 less for those . I also replace the plain slimline clip with a rifle clip on my cartridge pens.

I have never priced out buying every part individually so I am not sure if there is any saving in it or not.
W.Y.

331988692.jpg

331514083.jpg

331822542.jpg

flyingmelon

I got some casings at a rifle range in my area. I went and talked with some of the shooters there and for the cost of a couple pens got maybe 2 dozen .30-.06 casings the next week. That or try to find a shop in your area that sells reloading supplies, they might be willing to sell you smaller quantities.

Top Bottom