Cartridge Kits???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKingsFan

Does anyone sell these? I would like to make some with my own wood, but I don't have a powder coating machine or really don't want to buy one for the shell. I don't want to use the bullet in the tip, I would like to use the pen kit tip.

Thanks Guys

Ron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phillip

I have made a couple and I have never powdercoated any of them. I just clear coat the cartridge and all is fine. I personally favor the chrome cartridges. If you would like to make several you can purchase a box of 50 new (without primers) cartridges from your local gun store for arround $50.00 (depending on what caliber you choose). Once you have picked out the materials you want to use the rest is up to your artistic ablity.

KenV

If you want to buy nickel casing try midway.com and look for the 308 as a good place to start. 20 casings per box or in lots of 100, 500, or 1000.

Brass casings can be coated with lacquer, but it is not a tough as the powered coatings. Powered coats are though like "woodpecker lips"

KenV

Lacquer beats nothing unless you like a tarnish patina -- and will wear or scratch through pretty fast.

cozee

I can get you on target (lame I know but worth a shot!! Oh, somebody stop me!) with polished,uncoated, drilled .308 casings to use with a slimline kit. In the very near future I will also be offering 30-06 Military casings along with several powder coating options. Gotta revive the old powder coating unit.

At this time, PM or email me for pricing.

2006112614255_CASPENS.jpg

cozee

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />Will your casings be "ready to assemble"?
If so what method of bonding the tube to the casing will you use?

Actually, I neglected to say in my post above that they will come with a 7mm tube already securely installed, trimmed, and ready for assembly. As for the bonding method, well, per your emails, I would figure for someone who claims to be one step ahead of the competition you already know how it is done!![;)][:p]

Fangar

Originally posted by cozee
<br />
Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />Will your casings be "ready to assemble"?
If so what method of bonding the tube to the casing will you use?

Actually, I neglected to say in my post above that they will come with a 7mm tube already securely installed, trimmed, and ready for assembly. As for the bonding method, well, per your emails, I would figure for someone who claims to be one step ahead of the competition you already know how it is done!![;)][:p]

If you are merely gluing the brass tube into the brass casing, then the price should be right for those who want to learn how to make them. Making a wooden core is time consuming, but really a solid and functional way to do them.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom