Caribou Antlers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

Well it's me again. Got a lot of feedback on the Deer antlers and I want to thank everyone for the input. Now, I am suppose to pick up some pretty big Caribou Antlers today and I was wondering if there is anything differant I should do as compared to the Deer Antlers? Do I have to stabilize them or soak them or anything before turning? By the way, what is the best way to finish Antlers, being Deer or Caribou etc.? Thanks in advance for any and all input on this.

Archie

elody21

I have truned carabou several times. For obvious reasons much more CA is needed of the center. For large pieces I would cut into 4 quarters and tape the open sides and the bottom with duct tape. I would try to fill as much as possible with first thin ca then right away while the thin is still wet, with med. The thin acts as a wick to bring the med down. You will have to keep adding Ca as you turn. I am sure there are other ways of doing this. But this worked ofr me on the larger pieces. Of course the smaller ones are just like deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom