Caribou Antlers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

Well it's me again. Getting a lot of feedback and very useful tips on the Deer Antlers, now I am suppose to pick up some pretty big Caribou Antlers today. Anything differant from these over the Deer Antlers? Do they need to be stabilized or soaked or anything before turning? Thanks for all the input on the Deer Antlers and Thanks in advance for any and all input for the Caribou Antlers as well.

Archie:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
<b>OH MAN, don't play with that caribou stuff... it is extremely dangerous... it needs to be disposed of by a professional who knows exactly what to do with it...
Fortunately, I am extremely well versed is the disposal of such material and live within spitting distance of you...
Since you are new to the forum, I will even be a nice guy and come and get it before you do yourself serious harm... [}:)][}:)] Let me know if you need any one on one help with it or the deer..</b>

Seriously, I have not turned caribou, but from what I have seen it is supposed to turn and finish just like deer, but with a different look...

elody21

The only difference if that carabo hs much more porus center for obvious reasons. You just need to use a lot of CA glue to fill the holes.

wood-of-1kind

I've turned Canadian caribou antler recently and it was pleasant to work with. Did not add any CA but did go fairly 'slow' in terms of applying the skew. The odour emitted may not be pleasant to all but the antler does finish nicely without any arificial coating

2005731135142_Mvc-009s.jpg
<br />

2005731135232_Mvc-009s.jpg
<br />. I've posted a pic but forgive me for my poor photography skills. I'll try to sell a few more pens so that I can purchase a better camera.
-Peter-

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Camera may be just fine.
If you have a "micro" setting try that.
If you have problems getting it to uploaad, send it to me. I'll see if I can up load it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom