Care for Wooden Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jptruett

A few posts ago I asked for information on care of the wooden pen. Here is some information that I found and will give to all my customers when they buy pens from me. This is general information and so far as I know it is not copy writed.

Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wood Pen Care

Your New Pen is made from natural wood. As with any fine instrument made from wood some care must be taken to maintain the beauty and the structural integrity of this Handmade Classic.

DO NOT leave your pen in the car. The temperature extremes experienced in a car can damage or destroy your writing instrument. Treat it as you would any fine, delicate instrument. Although it can withstand a lifetime of use it will not tolerate abuse.

DO NOT use cleaning fluids or any abrasive substance (car wax) on any part of your new writing instrument. The fluids and/or abrasives will damage the fine finish.

Do care for your writing instrument the way you would any fine wooden product. Protect it with a light coat of good furniture paste wax designed for wooden products. After proper drying, buff with a soft, clean cloth.

Do keep your pen from extremes of heat and cold. Both are enemies of wood. Some woods are very temperature sensitive and may split or develop cracks from extremes of heat and cold. Protect it and it will deliver years of service.

Do use your pen. It is designed to be written with not placed in a drawer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Wax isn't a finish, just a temporary protective coating on the wood that wears off pretty quickly. I use instructions that are pretty much the same for my wood pens, but they are all finished with either CA or lacquer. These instructions would also be valid for a pen finished with Enduro.

gerryr

I have no experience with Mylands, but I think there are some here who use it. Check Russ Fairfield's site, he knows more about finishing than than any of us. Or you can also post a question in the finishing forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom