carbon fibor blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am looking for carbon fibor blanks for the vertex pens 3/8 tube and the cigar pens. I was sondering if anyone on teh board sold them I lie to support around here before going to the big store.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Do you cast? You can always get some carbon fiber tubing and make your own. Some places will send you free samples, so if you're just doing one, you may get lucky and get a sample of the size you need...

I can cast. but doesn't have to be wrapped around the brass tube? I figured the carbon fibor was a cloth wrapped around the tube. Where can I get samples, or even buy some. I can cast them.

glycerine

Look for carbon fiber sleeves. Basically it's a tube made from carbon fiber instead of a flat cloth. Like this:
84_641_large.jpg

The sleeves can increase and decrease in diameter much like a chinese finger trap, if you know what I mean. This way, you don't get a seam like you would wrapping with a fiber cloth. I believe I got some samples from "Soller Composites", but just google and you'll probably find lots of suppliers. Try to find the smallest sleeve you can for pen tubes...

broitblat

I've cast some of my own, but Gary (CaptG) has got the process down to much more of a science to keep the carbon fiber smooth and straight...

-Barry

Top Bottom