Carbide barrel trimmers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Does any one know a supplier for a carbide pen barrel trimmers other than PSI as they are too busy and have not responded for more than 3 weeks.
Many Thanks
Stephen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Woodturningz.com is a PSI reseller and his prices are lower than PSI, or CSUSA, WoodNWhimsies.com, Arizona Silhouette.com, these are members of the forum so it helps our friends if we try to buy from them.

Mike

gerryr

But, if you drop that carbide equipped head and the carbide breaks, the head is useless since the carbide is brazed or soldered in. IF it designed so you replace the carbide, it might well be worth extra money, but not the way it's designed.

Paul in OKC

The one I have seen was just two bladed. I can sharpen them.
I also have on the some day to make list a 3-4 blade that will use indexable inserts, just haven't gotten down that far on the list yet.

PopPop

Stephen, I'm glad to see that you desided to stay with the HSS 4 flute trimmer. I just bought one of the carbide trimmers and have ruined 3 pen blanks in about 20 minutes. It grabs and takes a chunk out of the blank and then split the side off the blank. Not cheap blanks either.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Paul, that sounds sweet!! Are you thinking four sided inserts?
Yep.
And some of the reason that the carbide rips the blanks, IMO, is that the 'rake' is too steep on the back side. I sharpened one for some one, and made it a little shallower, don't remember how it worked for him, but had to be better. Too much rake lets the blade dig. There is a fine line[:)]

Daniel

only having two blades is what has kept me away from them. That along with what Paul described means to much pressure per cutter and cutting to deep/fast. As for chipping the carbide. All my router bits are carbide. You live and learn. I have a whole bunch of them as evidence of my education.[B)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom