carba tec ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodbutcher

I have a carba tec mini that I use just for pens. It is handy, accurate and a pleasure to use. The VS is great. It doesn't go to 0 rpm but on the slow speed it comes close. Good luck with yours.
Jim

Randy_

Originally posted by onewaywood<br />Any info on the Carba tec lathe would be appreciated

The one I saw in a catalog only has a 1/4 HP motor. That's just fine for pens but probably a little light for bowls and other larger turnings. The JET mini and some of the others have 1/2 HP motors. My only experience is with the JET mini so I can't offer any comparisons; but I'm well satisfied with it!!

Randy_

...I know the lathe has an electronic speed compensator and I think that is what has gone wrong, but I can't find any support at the carba-tec web site or any place that might have a replacement part...

The above is from a current post on another message board. Might be something to consider. Some of the other lathes are a little more costly; but also have good customer service and back up their products!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
...I know the lathe has an electronic speed compensator and I think that is what has gone wrong, but I can't find any support at the carba-tec web site or any place that might have a replacement part...

The above is from a current post on another message board. Might be something to consider. Some of the other lathes are a little more costly; but also have good customer service and back up their products!!!

My power switch went out. I called PSI, they connected me with their tech guy, don't remember his name offhand. I told him the problem, he told me what to tell the lady who would take my order, $5 plus postage, and I had the part in two days. Of course, Philadelphia isn't too far away for me. I can't speak for the carbatec company, but would strongly recommend contacting PSI with problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom