A capped ballpoint pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I have a customer requesting a ballpoint pen that has a cap. Most of the ones that I have done with a cap are roller ball or fountain. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Does anyone make a ball point refill that will fit a roller ball pen?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Have you considered WHY and how important it is to him??

When you get requests like this, I found it was easy to say, "Certainly, it can be done!!"

It will be a great challenge!!! Did you want the refill to retract? Or should it stay exposed? Any other features important? I really enjoy the challenge of "inventing" new custom pens. I can either work on a "per hour" basis or as a "project". In any event, it will take several hours to design and build, so the cost will probably exceed $200 or so---is that OK with you?"

No one EVER said yes.

I did do a couple custom pens with 2-3 prototypes sent to the customer. They ran into the hundreds of dollars and tens of hours. But the customer WAS forewarned. The ones I did were designed around the refill (once) or fountain pen nib the customer liked.

But those who ordered were "pen guys", not just casual users.

biednick

Take a roller ball and a parker to the shop and make some fittings out of an old acrylc cut off to make it fit. Some kind of coller at the point and a partaly hollowed cylinder on the back should do. Just gotta get lenghts right. Or even better, use a longer spring and just a sleeve at the nib.

Top Bottom