Cap threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Does anyone know the thread pitch and dia of any on the kits??

I would like to know about kits like the Churchill, El-Torro & Gent's

I want to see if I can match it with my metal lathe and maybe cut threads on a full acrylic body for the cap to thread on to.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Dang, when I saw your post..... [:D]

You know, I bet the 10mm Parker style would be a great kit too. If I could just match the centerband thread and make them closed end it would fix a lot of issues with that kit and their threads!

leehljp

Member Liaison
It might be difficult but if you do a search here, you might find some information on that. Someone here had a tap and die made specifically for their own custom fountain pens about 2 years ago, IIRC.

BT Boone makes tap and dies for pens. He might know.

Rmartin

I just checked the Jr Gent II cap thread with a sixty piece tap and die set. No joy.

Nothing I have will fit. Using a feeler gauge, it looks like it's 24 teeth per inch, but my set is only sized up to 3/8 in 24 per inch, and that's just a bit too small. My best guess is it's 7/16 - 24, but it could be a metric size as well.

Rmartin

KenV

Memory is that the threads are multi-lead (more than one thread) and are a non-conventional metric thread. They can be cut with a thread mill bit on a 4 axis cnc mill, but it will take some challenging programming. The good news is that once you are set up, you can repeat the milling process endless times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom