Can you identify this kit for me please?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

I got this kit as a door prize at a local chapter meting on Saturday. It did not have any paperwork or tags of any kind. What kit is it?

Attachments

• penkit.jpg
    penkit.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 482
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

From who? Berea? Penn State? Ive done a few fountain pen kits before but none had o-rings with the kit.

It is not the "Streamline American classic" kit from Woodcraft..

Also the center band is all one piece not the three piece ones I have seen before.

Last edited:

tbfoto

Yes I looked at that one as well but I don't think that is correct either. That small brass tube also confuses me. The brass body tubes are both the same length as well so I've not found a kit yet that matches that either.

Carl Fisher

Looks like the Berea American Flat Top. Or possibly the old B2000 if I have my part number right.

I believe Klingspor also sold this under their brand as well as a few others.

I've never found the need for the extra brass tube and end up throwing it away. None of the instructions I've ever looked at even mention it.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I got this kit as a door prize at a local chapter meting on Saturday. It did not have any paperwork or tags of any kind. What kit is it?

It is either a PSI Classic or a Rizheng RZ-18# or an SPW Classic Vintage. The small brass tube is not really needed but it can be used as a block behind the cartridge or converter. You can find instructions at the PSI site or the Rizheng site or otherwise email me and I'll send them to you. lssmith37@comcast.net is my email.

tbfoto

sent again....... but Im still getting server errors. I'll try sending it later on tonight. Love the internet.....when it works.

Thanks

Last edited:

tbfoto

Ok Smitty, I dont know why it wont go through so I'll just post here.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I do not think this is the PSI kit because my cap and clip is all one piece plus the brass tubes (10mm) are both the same length (2"). The other two kits you mentioned look very close but I could not find instructions for either one of those.
I'm guessing this kit is something that someone has setting around their shop for sometime and it got donated to the cause. It may or may not even be a complete accurate kit? If you have the instructions for the other two kits could you send those along? I would really appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you,
Tom Baugues
send to: tbfoto@msn.com

Top Bottom