Can a Vertex be taken apart?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I made my first Vertex click pen today.I like how smooth it clicks.The part that doesn't look right to me is the facets don't line up on the nib end and clip end.

I wish the instructions would have pointed that out,so I could have put the nib on before I pressed in the clip end,like I'll be doing next time..

I looked at the PSI catalog afterwards,& they show varying degress of positons,but the one there that's lined up looks best to me.

Stuff like that bugs me....

So my question is, Can I take it apart without wrecking it?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:frown: Steve; This is a hard pen to take apart without wrecking the plastic transmission. I have yet to do so in all the ones I have taken apart. I would try this first. Get two wrenches that fit the facets and try to turn the fittings until they align. Protect the finish with a rag or toweling. If this doesn't work, either you just got yourself a new desk pen or you will have to wreck the plastic transmission to get it apart. You can buy new transmissions. Get the magnitic next time. Jim S

ossaguy

Thanks for the tips,I used a rag,but the wrench still dinged up the plating so I wrecked it,Darn it.

Live & learn,I guess....I just hate wasting money,with things being so tight these days.I sure wish they would have had it in the instructions,for newbies like me.

Steve

Top Bottom