can this be saved?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I have been using CA to put my tubes in, so I don't have to wait for a long time. I use medium or thick CA for the little extra work time. I usually use epoxy but thought I would try the CA. I will probably go back to the epoxy.

I slid one of my tubes in and it would not go completely into the tube. I thought it set but the tube would spin but not come out. Then of course the glue set while I reached for my punch.

The tube is sticking out of the blank less than a mm. If I trim the tube while squaring the barrel will the components of a Jr. Gent II still fit together. I guess I am asking about the tolerances of the finished pen. Do I have that mm to play with and still have things fit together? I can turn the blank off and start over but I don't want too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

One of the great things about the Jr. Gent II rollerball is how forgiving it is to tube lengths. Shorting the bottom tube will just make for a more "firm" writing pen. There should also be more that 1 mm of clearance at the cap. This is easy to check, just layout the cap, clip and centerband next to the blank. As long as the top of the thread coupler doesn't touch the cap, life is good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom