Can one have too many balnks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sschering

I got all my blanks out to pick a few to ship off.
Can you have too many?
This doesn't even include the Superbowl blanks.. :redface:

Attachments

• blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 513
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

My considered answer to your Question, is No.
I seek more.
Even though, I will never be able to use them all, in my remaining lifetime.
But I love re-discovering among my Blanks, that Special One, which I haven't seen for years. The one I put aside for "That Pen," I wanted to build and display, the natural Artistry from within the Blank.
That Joy and Excitement, makes me want to collect more and more, so that I can Absorb Myself in that Wonderful, All Embracing, Excitement and Joy of Re-Discovery.
Brian.

sschering

My considered answer to your Question, is No.
I seek more.
Even though, I will never be able to use them all, in my remaining lifetime.
But I love re-discovering among my Blanks, that Special One, which I haven't seen for years. The one I put aside for "That Pen," I wanted to build and display, the natural Artistry from within the Blank.
That Joy and Excitement, makes me want to collect more and more, so that I can Absorb Myself in that Wonderful, All Embracing, Excitement and Joy of Re-Discovery.
Brian.

I know exactly what you mean.. I keep a separate box of those special ones I've picked from the group.. A few more joined the ranks after getting them all out yesterday.

The other thing I realized.. I need more Cactus juice! lots of good burls and spalted blanks in here that could use a little extra support.

sschering

Funny thing that.. Blanks come easy.. Kits cost and yes I need to order more..
I'm down to 2 kits in my stockpile.

Dan Masshardt

I'm not into extreme stockpiling of plain woods. If I cut up all the boards I have id be swimming in blanks.

I find that as I turn longer I get fussier. I could easily turn all my pen blanks in the next year I think if I really wanted to.

Now tools, that's s different matter. :)

Top Bottom