Can any of you help with a decision about Pen gift boxes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I am currently on the search for pen gift boxes. My requirements are:

1. Needs to be somewhat soft inside. I considered just wood but I do so many acrylics that I think having felt or soft material on the inside would be better.
2. I would like the outside to be wood. I think I am going to offer laser engraving on the box so I would like it to be wood.
3. I need it to fit a Jr Gent II or Jr Aaron sized pen. Those are the sized pens I sell most often and would be the ones I sell high priced enough to justify adding a box to the order.
4. Laser engraving needs to work well with the box.
5. I would like to stay below $10 if possible.

So with that in mind I am looking at three different types and I am hoping that some of you might have experience with one of these boxes.

1. Big Gent Rosewood box from WoodPenPro: Big Gent's Rosewood Box

This box looks like it might do the job but the picture does not tell me much. As a bonus it might hold a larger full sized Emperor that I might sell occasionally. I also like the idea of the magnetic catches.

2. Maple pen box from Exotics: Exotic Blanks :: Pen Boxes & Displays :: Multi Purpose Pen Gift Box - Maple

I think I would need to order the larger insert for it to fit my larger sized pens. I did order one of these a while ago but the size slot it comes with is a little tight for the Jr. I know that PSI makes a larger insert to hold Jr sized and full sized Majestics. I think the quality on these is pretty good for the price but adding on the extra insert might put the price closer to $10

3. Cherry High End Box from PSI: https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKBOXHE1.html

This one looks pretty good but I think some say it is not real wood and may not engrave well. SO I am really not sure about this one.

So those are my choices. I hope that someone can offer some insight. Or if you have some other suggestions I would love to hear it. I am going to buy in the next day or so to have these for the Holidays.

Thanks for any opinions!!

D.Oliver

Hmmm......given those three choices I would enter the Slimline Unlimited Contest during this years Birthday Bash. Yep that's what I'd do.

D.Oliver

Okay seriously, I think you should at least order on the cherry ones and do some trial engraving on it to find out if it is a real canidate or not.

Top Bottom