Camo Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papNal

A few weeks ago I got an order of desert camo blanks from PSI,I started turning the blanks a few days ago and am getting a lot of small air bubbles in the blanks,thankfully I haven't had too many when I got them turned to final size,at least I have been able to fix any flaws with CA.I've used a lot of different acrylics from PSI without any problems until now.Any other vendors have the desert?I can find the urban and woodland camo,but not the desert.Thanks for any info.John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yost69

I got some desert and woodland from woodpenpro and didnt have a problem with them either.

Ben

leestoresund

PR camo blank

Lessen I learned (it happened with a camo blank) is to clear the bit often.

I've gotten to the point where I only drill on the lathe and at the slowest speed.

I was about 90% through the piece when it just stopped. The acrylic had melted around the drill bit.

I'm saving that bit. It goes along with my 44.5 degree miter router bit.

Lee

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lessen I learned (it happened with a camo blank) is to clear the bit often.

I've gotten to the point where I only drill on the lathe and at the slowest speed.

I was about 90% through the piece when it just stopped. The acrylic had melted around the drill bit.

I'm saving that bit. It goes along with my 44.5 degree miter router bit.

Lee

Put the bit and acrylic piece in a 200 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Then grab the bit with your vice-grips and the blank with an oven mitt and rotate backwards, the bit will come out, and the blank will not be ruined.:biggrin::biggrin:

(Of course this is all theory, I would NEVER have such a thing happen to ME!!!)

Top Bottom