Cambrige Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I was thinking of trying these pens http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/20...rling-Silver-and-Gold-Rollerball-Pen-Kit.aspx

At one time there was a big problem with these as well as the Churchill and El Grande pens because of a thin plastic coupler breaking. My question has anyone done these lately and has this issue been resolved or how do you like the kits??? What is the main difference with these hybrid kits I keep seeing with the same names attached.??? Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

They make a classic pen EXCEPT the black plastic ring below the centerband looks AWFUL with most materials. When I make this set, i turn a small ring from the same or contrasting material to cover this hidious plastic ring. I've had no breaking problems like the El Grande has.

It looks great covered, but is tedious and time consuming to "rig" this set.

BigguyZ

I have an El Grande Rollerball that has the plastic threads stripped at several spots. I have a flag inlay kit on it, so I'd hate to chuck it. I think the cambridge might be a decent swap. Though it could be a little more plain. The blank will be busy enough...

I like the size of the El Grande, but the one I built has be soured on them.

zig613

I make the Churchill (all within the El Grande and Cambridge family) and all the ones I have purchased (William Woodrite and Golden Nib) over the past year all now come with the new metal nip coupler.

Bigguyz... if you are looking for a spare plastic coupler (titanium gold) as a replacement for your damaged El Grande nip coupler send me a PM and I can mail you one out.

Wade

Top Bottom