Cambridge pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I see Woodcraft is having a 2 day sale, today and Sat. They have 20% off pen kits and free shipping. I was going to try the Cambridge kits. Does anyone have experience with these and what are your thoughts??? How is the plating on these kits??? Thanks.

PenMan1

I make a lot of these.

The Cambridge Ultra with casein is one of my best sellers. The pen looks good and the platings hold up well. As soon as I get my new photo studio up and running (maybe this weekend) I'll post some Cambridge shots.

JimMc7

I like the looks of the Cambridge Hybrid/Ultra kits except for the black band at the center coupler. A darker blank would disguise it though...if I had it to do over, I would a pick a darker material than the red one shown for example. Not sure how well the sterling silver will hold the look -- titanium gold is likely more durable comparing to other Berea kits.

IMG_6704.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

bradh

The Cambridge is a dressed up version of the El Grande kit. Same tubes, drill bit sizes and bushings. The Canadiana is also based on the El Grande.
The kits are all the same work to make a pen and the Cambridge and Canadiana command a much higher price due to the nicer hardware. All these dressed up kits are good money makers for me.

Top Bottom