Calling Don Ward

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hello Don

I have mentioned this before I always come here and use the home page as a starting point. I always check out the Random Photos because i see pens I forgot about and have not seen in years. One of your's came up and was wondering if you can share some light on the blank. Is this a custom blank or a vendors blank??? What is it made of. Is it a continuous spiral around the blank?? It looks really cool. You did a nice job with it. thanks in advance.

1_USflag.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Hi John,
I made the blank using a flag ribbon wrapped around the tube then cast in poly resin. The CB was made from red, white and blue fiber washers that were circulating many years ago.I wonder how many members remember those? I've forgotten where the washers were originally purchased but they were later sold by woodtjurningz. I really liked them and wish they were still available. The lower barrel is white corian. I still have the pen and it still looks the same.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

plantman

Don; Ken Kallenshaan sold these rings and a blue center band with white holly stars in a small package years back. He also had a red center band with white holly hearts. You would have to call him to see if they are still available. Jim S

jttheclockman

Hi John,
I made the blank using a flag ribbon wrapped around the tube then cast in poly resin. The CB was made from red, white and blue fiber washers that were circulating many years ago.I wonder how many members remember those? I've forgotten where the washers were originally purchased but they were later sold by woodtjurningz. I really liked them and wish they were still available. The lower barrel is white corian. I still have the pen and it still looks the same.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thanks Don. I too love walking down memory lane because many times these type pens are lost and they still look good today and ideas can be drawn from them. I may borrow that idea somewhat if you do not mind. Always looking for something different to introduce the red white and blue aspect. I do remember those washers and I think it was not long ago someone here was looking for fiber washers. Not sure if they ever did find them.

Thanks again.

its_virgil

I've used the rings and stars and the combo makes a nice ceter band. The last one I used was $15. The fiber washers came in white, blue, red, black, orange, green, and yellow if I recall.
Don

Don; Ken Kallenshaan sold these rings and a blue center band with white holly stars in a small package years back. He also had a red center band with white holly hearts. You would have to call him to see if they are still available. Jim S

its_virgil

You're welcome John. Borrow away. Lots of possibilities with ribbons...for all occasions.
Don

Thanks Don. I too love walking down memory lane because many times these type pens are lost and they still look good today and ideas can be drawn from them. I may borrow that idea somewhat if you do not mind. Always looking for something different to introduce the red white and blue aspect. I do remember those washers and I think it was not long ago someone here was looking for fiber washers. Not sure if they ever did find them.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom