Calling all modified cigars......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I love the versatility of the slimline kits and I am getting tired of standard shape on my cigar pens. I would love to see a collection of photos with modified cigar pen kits. What say you all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

Shane ,
I don't know what you consider modified but here's a link to one of mine that's got more of a curve to the barrels rather than a sraight barrel .
http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Misc+%2E+Turnings&mid=710&cid=884

jwoodwright

This is one I did from Corian, it's about 6 years old...[8D]

20052665730_Oldcoriancigar.jpg

G

I 've found other than altering the shapes it's difficult modifying a cigar kit.
The pen itself is rather large to begin with.You can make it larger but you still have to work within the confines of the harware diameters.
I am not crazy about hourglass or wasp waist pens.
I am working on using a cigar kit for a shell casing pen but it is difficult working within the confines of the lengths and diameters.

jkirkb94

Look throughout the photo albums for different shapes. I have several that I have redone myself. Eagle is right that the cigar is large to begin with and one of the heavier pens. As someone who has carpal tunnel at times, the modified cigar feels better in my hand than a small pen like an unmodified slimline. Kirk[8D]

dmadis

I've got a couple of cigar pens in my album and here's a few more. Seems to me a cigar pen usually shows off the wood better than a slimline and has a lot of opportunities for variation in the shape.
Redbud, spalted oak, kingwood & osage, chinaberry, mulberry, chinaberry.
seegars.jpg

woodscavenger

Those would count as modified. I guess to clarify what I mean is something other than a straight or mild curve cut. I want to see some new ideas in shapes.

G

Okey dokey, here it is:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3714

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom