Calling all Devil Dogs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GColeman

I am attempting to make a blank for a retired Sargent Major. My idea was to segment leather to resemble a K-Bar knife handle. This is my first attempt. I colored the turned blank with a brown Sharpie, and enhanced the groves with black paint. I finished the blank with 10 coats of thin CA.

I am not completely satisfied with the results. The blank is for a Gatsby, and I am thinking I need a two barrel kit for this to represent the handle of the knife. I am unsure of a kit finish also. I originally was thinking gun metal, but am now leaning to a black of some sort.

Any ideas for the old chief from the corps?

DSC_0010.jpg
[/IMG]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USMCLtcol

That is a great looking piece. Resemblence to K-Bar is good. Since the K-bar has a flat gray/black finish the gun metal is probably the closest. Black chrome finish on Cigars have too much gloss in my opinion. Since you are thinking of a two barrel pen you have many options for the other piece.

Red and gold acrylic, service ribbon blank and something I have been thinking about for enlisted Marines but I don't cast.

Take the flat black metal insignia for uniforms cut off the mounting pens, bend it and cast it in a resin blank. If you can get the metal insignia to bend evenly it would look perfect on the top of your leather with an EGA pen clip.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you all for your comments. I think I am going to make another blank and put it on a black titanium cigar. I'll post a picture when I get it done. Thanks again.
Just saw this. That looks good Greg. I was going to suggest Black Ti I think you made the right choice with the Black Ti cigar.

Top Bottom