Calligraphy Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I had someone ask if I could make calligraphy pens for his wife. Are there any kits out there or any that can be converted to calligraphy nibs? That said, what are the main differences between calligraphy nibs and standard fountain nibs?

TIA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Kevin, sometimes people confuse calligraphy pens with dip pens. Here is a link to
making a dip pen.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4861&SearchTerms=dip,pen,construction

If you want a regular fountain pen with a calligraphy nib, then I would suggest a Gentlemens Jr in 10K and you can buy a calligraphy nib from CS which is black with 10K trim and it will fit in the Jr. Actually, the calligraphy nib from CS will fit in any Jr. or Baron, but the finish on the nib only comes in black with 10K trim. The nib cost about 6.00 and is an excellent calligraphy nib, I use a couple of them.

The difference between calligraphy nib & regular nibs is the stroke or width of the line the pen makes. Nibs come in many size widths, the most popular are extra fine, fine, medium , broad, calligraphy. A calligraphy nib can be 1.1, 1.5, or 1.9 on width. I hope this confuses the situation more. [:D] Just tried to help [8D]

mikeharvey

As per your request for a supplyer for dip pen insurts

Its in Europ but try the following link.

http://www.stilesandbates.co.uk/shop/showmproduct.cfm?pid=227

Big Mike
SW Indiana

KKingery

I recently did a couple of caligraphy barrels for a customer. It was a total experiment. I finally ended up using cigar bushings, no brass tubes. I think I put a pic in my album if you want to have a look. Somewhere in the past discussions, I also put in a few pics, with measurements, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom