Calligraphy Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

I have a friend that wants a set of calligraphy pens as a birthday gift for his son. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where good sets and parts can be found for this? Would you make 1 barrel with interchangeable tips or each tip with it's own barrel? Any suggestions appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Anthony Turchetta at Fountain Pen parts - NIBS, - Wholesale Fountain Pen Ink - Golden Nib AZ has a nice selection of calligraphy nibs and the inserts to hold the nibs. The nibs come out easily so one holder can be used for many nibs. I have a tutorial on my website on how I make calligraphy nib holders, or calligraphy pens. The article can be seen at Wooden Pens: Buy Handmade unique custom rattlesnake wood pens gifts fountain pen exotic wood from Red River Pens Move down to article #8. When I wrote the article no one was selling the inserts but now several of the IAP vendors sell them.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I have a friend that wants a set of calligraphy pens as a birthday gift for his son. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where good sets and parts can be found for this? Would you make 1 barrel with interchangeable tips or each tip with it's own barrel? Any suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:

Jgrden

Shucks, I just bought a kit from Michaels, as a starter kit. It included three or four nibs and ink. I thought this was good enough for me to learn and practice.

Rounder

Thanks for the responses. Don, I will let you know if I need any of the inserts. I do appreciate the offer.

Top Bottom