Calligraphy Nibs and pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Where can I find caligraphy nibs that will fit Berea fountain pen kits?

Are calligraphy nibs purchased at Michaels and Hobby Lobby compatible with Berea or PSI based pens?

I am out of my league here asking these questions, but I just got asked to do some calligraphy pens afer showing the wedding pens of my daughter.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

CSUSA sells a replacement caligraphy nib; but I don't know if it will fit any of the Berea kits. I doubt that the Michael's nibs will fit any of our kits; but you never know.....stranger things have happened!!

JimGo

Hank,
Have you looked at simply using the caligraphy nib holders in a piece of turned wood? This would allow the user to swap out different nibs at will. Of course, the pen is a dip pen, rather than one with a pump, but...

bjackman

Hank,
Yes, the CSU calligraphy nib will fit any of the "standard" size FP's from Berea. Not the larger nib styles, (el grande, etc.)
The calligraphy nib I got from them is reasonably smooth, and gives a nice line variation but is very stiff, so if someone is used to traditional dip style calligraphy nibs it will be quite different.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks for the input fellows. I will have to ask what the persons are wanting. I was not aware of the dip style, so I have some learning to do here. You have headed me in the right direction though.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom