Calligraphy Nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel07

A couple of years back I bought a cheap calligraphy set for Christmas and of course it never got used but since I've started turning pens my 10 year old daughter has shown an interest. I would like to make her a decent pen. I thought I've seen them somewhere but can't seem to find where I can get calligraphy nibs for Baron's / Jr Gent's? My daughter loves the birdseye maple Baron FP I just made so she might just get it. I'm a sucker for blond hair blue eys and freckles:):):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgray

The calligraphy nibs that CSU sells obviously fits their Jr. Gents, Jr. States, and Jr. Emperor. They will also fit the baron, but you need to remove the plated housing, and screw the nib into the plated housing provided with the Baron fountain pen.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-4095

whatwoodido

With all due respect Purcellville is only "West of DC a bit" if you are comparing it to something like Kentucky [:D]

bjackman

Samuel,
I highly recommend the CSU calligraphy nibs. They take a bit of getting used to since you can't tilt the pen side to side much or the slit lifts off the paper and the ink flow can stop, but you get a feel for it pretty quickly. Also, they don't have hard alloy tipping material, so this is one nib that really does break in with use. I have one I used daily at work for a year or more at a job where I used just about a converter full of ink a day, and over time it became one of the smoothest, best flowing and easiest to use nibs I own. So don't let her give up on it if it feels a litle "toothy" at first. It WILL get better.
Oh, and you really shouldn't have to mess with changing sections and all, It should work just fine to use the calligraphy nib with the section and feed that comes with any of the smaller nib sized kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom