Calligraphy Nib holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrimsonKeel

Last weekend I bought a pack of dip pen nibs at a antique market. I would like to turn a holder for them but am at a loss as to how to secure the nib into the holder. are there kits for this or is it as simple as drilling the right sized hole to fit the nib in?
My google-fu is coming up empty at pictures of the end of a dip pen holder

Nibs I bought. I have a lot of the judge quill styles and only one or so of the other styles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

Last weekend I bought a pack of dip pen nibs at a antique market. I would like to turn a holder for them but am at a loss as to how to secure the nib into the holder. are there kits for this or is it as simple as drilling the right sized hole to fit the nib in?

Nibs I bought. I have a lot of the judge quill styles and only one or so of the other styles

I buy mine from The Golden Nib Dip Pens : Fountain Pen parts - NIBS, - Wholesale Fountain Pen Ink - Golden Nib AZ

CrimsonKeel

I buy mine from The Golden Nib Dip Pens : Fountain Pen parts - NIBS, - Wholesale Fountain Pen Ink - Golden Nib AZ

Awesome thanks for link. I tried him but looked in the nib category

its_virgil

Go to www.redriverpens.com/articles.htm and look at article #8 if you need some insight about making the pen. Anthony (golden nib) wasn't selling the inserts when I wrote the article) You may also want to look at article #13 and #14 also. Look forward to seeing your calligraphy pen.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

CrimsonKeel

Read your article. very informative and helps me a lot on wrapping my head around this.
I do have one thing to add to it though. We had a finial demonstration in my turning club a month ago and the guy used a String steady to balance his long finial. String Steady

It looked something like that and worked really good. maybe you could add something about that to your article where it talked about flexing and needing a steady

Top Bottom