"cadillac click?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

A customer, a jewlery store owner, complained about the lack of a solid sound on a couple of click pens I brought to show off. He is a valued customer and reseller of my pens and I want to know of a better quality click pen than the ones I have been turning. For sake of his whim, I will not name the alleged culprit kit, but I would like some recommendations, please, on a high quality click kit. Phil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Phil, the Long Click has the most substantial feeling and sounding click mechanism I've found, plus it has a great price for a decent kit, Aaron at https://www.laulauwood.net/taxonomy/term/3 has them and I think CSUSA also carries them but check the differences in finishes, I think Aaron may offer a better choice
I agree, Definitely order from Aaron at Lau Lau. Better platings, better service, faster shipping. My opinion only but you did ask. :wink:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
+1 on the Long Click from Aaron. If you go that route make sure you have a drill bit that will drill all the way through the blank. I believe the barrel of that pen is 4" long, but I don't have one handy to measure.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
+1 on the Long Click from Aaron. If you go that route make sure you have a drill bit that will drill all the way through the blank. I believe the barrel of that pen is 4" long, but I don't have one handy to measure.
Bingo :biggrin::tongue:

jskeen

If the look of the long click doesn't work out for you or your customer, there is always the sierra click pen, in either the original full length version with the option to use a uniball refill, or the shorter parker refill only version. Nice solid feeling click mechanism whatever length you make the barrel.

JimMc7

I like the Sierra button clicks but think the kit springs are a little weak and the click operation doesn't feel "solid." Replacement parker-style springs from Wood'N'Whimsies are much stiffer in my experience and do give the pen a more solid click. At $0.15/spring, I replace all of the Sierra button click kit springs with those from WNW.

Top Bottom