Cabon Fiber arrow---black gooo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DFerguson777

I shot a nice deer last year with a carbon arrow. I cut the arrow to make an arrow pen. Black smelly goo ran out of the inside of the carbon arrow.....:eek: Does anyone know what this is.....my luck it prob causes cancer:frown:

Help....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

i use only traditional equiptment (PO cedar arrows) so i wouldn't know. maybe a new type of shaft weight? although i don't think they would let that be smelly.....?

snyiper

I dont know for sure but Im thinking it also is a weight thing...being smelly I guess they dont envision people cutting them open...LOL ..If a deer breaks it off then you can "smell" where he went!!lol

CaptG

I would say it is blood from the deer that got inside the arrow. I have done a lot of archery and those carbon fiber arrows are hollow and dry from the factory.

JerrySambrook

I agree with the captain. Those arrows do crack and splinter fairly easily if they hit something solid, like the back side of a shoulder, the inside of a pelvis, or even the back side of an upper rib area.
They are clear and hollow from the manufacturer, so they can be cut to length for the individual

DFerguson777

Interesting that you mentioned the blood thing. The arrow did break. Would the heat from the sawing be enough or even be possible to make dry blood liquid???:confused: I called a local archery shop and he thinks like many of you and he has not seen anything like that.......interesting...anyway...I finished my pen to memorialize my first deer I ever killed...and with a bow at that!:cool::cool::cool:
Here is a pic of my deer and my pen. :biggrin: Check out the three beams!!!

Attachments

• DSC04214.jpg
    DSC04214.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 164

ZanderPommo

sure its ok but i bet your bow had training wheels...:rolleyes:
is that technically even a bow? it shoots an arrow, but so does a crossbow....:eek:

buy or make a hunting weight longbow--you'll never look back

P1010001.jpg

P1010758-1.jpg

Top Bottom