Caballero Tube Lengths and Bushing Sizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Please could someone give me the tube lengths and bushing diameters for the Caballero. I know the drill sizes. Thanks.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks for answering this and my previous thread.

So I take it that as well as using the same bushings the tube lengths are the same ?

magpens

Yes, I did, but it would still be nice to have some actual measurements for the Caballero.

There are some discrepancies between the CSUSA data in the Oct2015 Library table, and the original data in the 2010 table .... a difference of 0.1" in tube length, for example.

I'll assume the more recent data is correct for the Caballero.

I'd still like to get the actual measurements for the Caballero. I'll ask Smitty if he doesn't see this thread.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yes, I did, but it would still be nice to have some actual measurements for the Caballero.

There are some discrepancies between the CSUSA data in the Oct2015 Library table, and the original data in the 2010 table .... a difference of 0.1" in tube length, for example.

I'll assume the more recent data is correct for the Caballero.

I'd still like to get the actual measurements for the Caballero. I'll ask Smitty if he doesn't see this thread.
Smitty might be a good place to get information on the Caballero since he is the only source for them.

I don't think either CSUSA or I will go out on a limb and say that all SPW Caballero parts are interchangeable with their Apprentice Jr Gentleman's pen kit. Particularly threaded parts.

I don't know that Jr Gent 1 (Apprentice Jr Gentleman's pen kit) from CSUSA use identical tubes as the SPW Caballero.

The nominal length of the larger diameter SPW Caballero tube is 1.81 in and the smaller diameter is 2.12 in.

Either 15/32 or 12mm work for the larger drill bit and 25/64th or 10mm work for the smaller. The bushing sets are not exactly identical but close enough to use them interchangeably.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The kit is basically a Jr Gent 1 from CSUSA.
Actually it is not. There are a number of differences that are not necessarily visible made when I changed the name from Jr Gent 1 to Caballero. I don't think they come from the same source either but I'm not 100% certain about that.

magpens

Thank you, Smitty, for responding.

I'd still appreciate knowing the measured diameter (outer) of the Caballero bushings, please.

I should have asked you in the first place but I thought there are enough people using the Cab that someone would give me the numbers

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thank you, Smitty, for responding.

I'd still appreciate knowing the measured diameter (outer) of the Caballero bushings, please.

I should have asked you in the first place but I thought there are enough people using the Cab that someone would give me the numbers
Cap = .536 and .536. Barrel = Nib end..479 Center band end .460. Nominal. I have not measured them myself. My opinion is that since the trim rings on the couplers are interchangeable that the bushings for the smaller tube are probably the same size or really close....probably closer than the nominal measurements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom