A Caballero proglem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurtleTom

I put my first Smitty's Caballero together yesterday from spalted red oak and couldn't seem to get the refill to go all the way down or even to write. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because I haven't read about this anywhere. Part of the problem is there are no instructions for this pen as I'm sure this would be addressed. I had to put a 5/16" bamboo plug on top of the cartridge to get the clearance right.
I love the pen for the price though as it's well made. I really love that Schmidt rollerball, that's the first time I've written with one.

I found the problem after watching Lazerline instructions for a similar pen I had the spring on the wrong end.

Attachments

• Caballero1.jpg
    Caballero1.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Sorry, don't know anything about the Caballero, but if you email Smitty he will send you the instructions. Good luck!

Regards,
Michael

SteveJ

Try changing refills. I had a refill that wouldn't extend through the tip for some reason. I also sent you a PM offering to send the instructions if Smitty doesn't see this.

The instructions are the same as those for the JR Gent.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I put my first Smitty's Caballero together yesterday from spalted red oak and couldn't seem to get the refill to go all the way down or even to write. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because I haven't read about this anywhere. Part of the problem is there are no instructions for this pen as I'm sure this would be addressed. I had to put a 5/16" bamboo plug on top of the cartridge to get the clearance right.
I love the pen for the price though as it's well made. I really love that Schmidt rollerball, that's the first time I've written with one.

I found the problem after watching Lazerline instructions for a similar pen I had the spring on the wrong end.
Send me an email to smittyspenworks@gmail.com and I'll send instructions.

Top Bottom