CA vs. Epoxy for Laminations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Just curious - I have tried both methods for gluing up blanks for laminated pens, and have had good results using both. Obviously, the CA is much faster, but I am curious about the durability of the CA glue over a period of time. Has anyone had any experiences either way? - Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

I've tried epoxy for laminating my Dymondwood blanks and it doesn't work as well as CA. I use "Hot-Stuff Super T" and have never had a failure (yet). I think that the CA penetrates the wood much better and almost becomes part of the wood . I did suffer failures with Epoxy however .

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Hot Stuff, Super T and Special T are all available from CSUSA and Woodcraft in the US and from Woodchucker's in CA. There are probably other places as well. FYI, Hot stuff is thin CA, Super T is medium CA and Special T is thick CA.

dougle40

I get mine from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada but it has to be available somewhere in the US as it's made there . Just did a quick check and it can be found here .
http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=346&gift=False&mscssid=340FF6E4B95E4E19868C40D0C9D8D4DC
Hope this helps .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom