CA residue on metal, my cure.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

Recently I pulled out one of my closed end pens that had been sitting closed for several weeks and it had a bunch of the white residue from CA all over the metal. For the heck of it I tried some Nano Polish from Eagle One and it cleaned the residue off and it looked brand new. Nano Polish is what I use on the Chrome mags on my Hummer H3x. Most of the time with that much residue I have no choise but to toss it away. Best of all, this stuff is only five bucks for a small container so I can polish my mags several times and if I'm stupid enough to close pens with un-cured CA, I can clean them up too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

You must have used CA on the inside of your pen, tubes, glueing metal parts in etc..

The CA takes 24 hrs or more to get rid of the fumes it produces which causes the white residue.

Leave the pen uncapped and definately leave ink refills out until fumes are away.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That MAY work in Scotland, but I have had the white come back on pens that are stored, even though they were FINE at the first show after their assembly.

The white also comes off with CA remover, but don't hit your plastic (will make it dull) or the finish on your wood.

wayneis

After turning pens now for several years I am fully aware of the perks and quirks of both CA and epoxy. I made the post so that when someone goofs like I happened to do they would know one way to fix it.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom