CA on my bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

I was wondering if I put my bushings in nail polish remover if it would take the CA off them. I have one of the Designer Sizing Sleeve that is locked up tight with CA. Any thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

If you don't want to use acetone, the CA "Un-Bond" stuff will also work. I had the same thing happen and just stood the bushing on a piece of wax paper and put a little "Un-Bond" on it and left it for a day. Came loose just fine.

Charles

You have the right idea, Nail polish has acetone in it, to dissolve the polish but make sure you get the old type not the new stuff for fake nails. I found this out by grabbing the wrong bottle of my wife's and it did nothing to unclog glue nozzle tips. When I checked the label I found out why.

Fangar

Originally posted by Charles
<br />You have the right idea, Nail polish has acetone in it, to dissolve the polish but make sure you get the old type not the new stuff for fake nails. I found this out by grabbing the wrong bottle of my wife's and it did nothing to unclog glue nozzle tips. When I checked the label I found out why.

Unless of course you get the type with no acetone in it like my wife uses. Buy a small can of Acetone. It is cheap, and a usefull cleaner, solvent. Also works in your plexi soultion for stabilizing.

FANGAR

Dan

If you're daring, you can spin it off on your lathe - just use a light touch. Since it dries very hard, quite often it'll crack after a few light touches and you can just peel the rest of it off.

Dan
Unionville, VA

Johnathan

I like to turn most of it off, if there is any left over I put it in a jelly jar with acetone (again, like others have said, make sure the nail polish remover has acetone, many brands are using non acetone removers now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom