CA glue tips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jholbrook81

I'm getting a lot of build-up on the outside of the cone of my satellite ca bottle tip. Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do? At first I just left it, but the cap was bonded so bad this week that when I tried to open it I tore half the tip off inside the cap! Now I have one working tip and the other bottle has a piece of plastic wrap secured by what's left of the cap. This is more of a problem with the really thin stuff. I also tried cleaning it with acetone, it gets really gummy, not sure if that is making it worse.

So, any good CA tips out there? Brand preference?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I go to the Beauty Supply Store and buy tinting/dye bottles that come with very long and fine tips on them. $1.25 each. The caps screw onto my 8oz CA glue bottles and give me an extra bottle to use for some other item. You can also buy extra caps and tips at hobby and craft stores. If my tips plug up, I either cut a small portion of the tip off, or use a dentest probe (Harbor Feight) to reopen the tip. I also sometimes use CA Debonder to soften and remove hardened glue from the tips of my bottles, and always keep it within arms reach when I glue anything together. No smell, burning, or adverse reaction with the CA. Jim S

Last edited:

Dan26

You can also soak the tip in acetone for about 30 minutes and wipe off the build up. If it all doesn't come off, drop it back in for another soak. I've been using the same bottle for a couple of years and keep refilling it.

I wipe the tip with a paper towel drop a sewing pin the kind with a ball on top into the hole and cover the whole top with a piece of sandwich bag plastic replace the cap and never have trouble

Top Bottom