CA glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

How do you keep CA glue off bushings after turning a pen.How is best to take the blank off the lathe?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RickLong

How do you keep CA glue off bushings after turning a pen.How is best to take the blank off the lathe?

Not sure what you are asking Irish Pat.... When I did a AC finish, I really never worried about getting ac on my bushings.. When I pull the blanks off the lathe and remove the bushings, if there is some A/C hanging off. I rub my blank against sandpaper that is flat (90degrees) from my blank... I stabilize all my wood pen blanks before turning so I do not do AC finished anymore...

jcm71

Invest in a dead center and a live one if you don't already have one. Finish one blank at a time in between centers without the bushings. If that is too slow for you, invest in some delrin bushings,(or make them yourself). CA does not stick to delrin.

76winger

I use some of Johnny CNC's Eliminator bushings that I picked up from him a couple years ago:
http://penturnersproducts.com/index...id=136&zenid=f545dd070798eef14507f3509241a926

I've also noticed Woodturningz has a similar set now: http://www.woodturningz.com/products/GFBUSHING.jpg
GFBUSHING.jpg

Last edited:

Ogg

Thanks very much for the link to the finishing bushings. I've been using the turning bushings to finish with and it takes a bit to clean up the bushings and to carefully remove the barrels when finished. These should really help simplify all of that.

It appears that Pen Turners Products is currently out of stock. I was able to order a couple set's though through Wood Turnings.

Thanks again for posting the link's

Top Bottom