CA failing?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyBal

How can just the tiniest drop of CA permanently (not really, my wife eventually finds me in the garage & hands me the acetone) glue me to my work piece, yet I hear of this stuff failing from time to time. I have never had it fail on me. Just curious. Am I missing something? :confused: P.S. I only use Hot Stuff brand. Is that why?

Andrew_K99

My guess is that it isn't the CA failing, but the surface failing. Like any adhesive if the surface is dirty, dusty or oily the bond won't be good.

If you're having CA failures I'd check one of the above causes as it's most likely that or you've got a bad batch (which I have never heard of).

AK

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If by fail, you are referring to a blank exploding while turning, I've found that in most cases, there was no glue between the tube ad blank at those points.

TonyBal

If by fail, you are referring to a blank exploding while turning, I've found that in most cases, there was no glue between the tube ad blank at those points.

I always "assumed" it meant that the brass tubes would move, meaning that they were no longer glued in at some point in the life of the pen. I hadn't considered that scenario. Good point. :biggrin:

Top Bottom