CA during assembly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgray

I'm wondering how many of you put a little dab of CA on the inside of your barrels before assembly.

I'm thinking that it would ensure a good bond between the hardware, especially where there's the tension of a spring against it all the time.

Then again, I'm thinking that it might be a waste of time. I buy most of my kits from Craft Supplies, and I think that their fit and finish on pens are pretty good.

Necessary or not?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

I have CA'd a couple kits that were loose but I try to stay away from it as if you ever need to disasemble the pen for repairs you will no longer be able to do it. Like fixing a snakewood pen after three weeks.[:(]

Nolan

Dario

Not necessary IMHO.

Like Nolan, I did use it on a couple early on my penturning because I messed up the tube and it is loose but if you ever need/want to disassemble you will SOL. So my advise is don't if you don't have to.

Scott

Hi Brian!

I don't use CA during assembly. I have tried it, but usually just make a mess of things. CA can affect the plating. If I want to secure the assembly of my pens, which I often do, I use blue Loctite. Loctite is similar to CA, but without the bad stuff.

Scott.

Pipes

I have done only about 30 pens ! But I would if at all posible NOT do it for 1 I might wana take it apart ! and it is gona make it harder to push in and maybe crack the pen at assembly imo ! But like I said Iam so new to this I am likely wrong !![:I]

http://affordablepipes.com/

mrcook4570

I use epoxy to secure threaded components. I've found that frequent screwing and unscrewing of the pen cap can lead to components working loose. As far as disassembly, speak softly and hit it with a big stick [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom