CA burns?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

Just a bit of info. You know how the CA application kinda sticks to your finger? (and burns so bad) I "borrowed" LOML's rubber thimble, ya know the sewing kind. I haven't been burnt since and my finish hasn't suffered one bit either.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stolicky

I actually cut the fingers off of nitrile gloves and use those (HF purchase). The paper towel usually ends up sticking to the glove finger, but not to my finger (which I hate)....

If the paper towel is not folded thick enough, or you use too much CA, you will still feel the heat.

MobilMan

Just stick your finger in one of the small bags the kit & parts come in, then apply CA with the bag or use the towel. You'll have 4-5 of them for each kit you do. Saves buying anything.

Chasper

A few wraps of masking tape works pretty good. If you wrap the tape losely around the cut off finger tips of a nitrile glove they are quick and easy to take off and put back on.

I use the foam sheets that come wrapped around the electronics... cut them into strips about 1 x 3 in... the Ca doesn't stick to them and if you are careful, you don't get any on your fingers.

I tried the glove routine, always wound up glueing the fingers together or to the blank or to the paper towel, then wound up with a hole in the glove, so glue on the finger, inside the glove.... tried the little bags, but always have trouble opening them, so most of the time I just tear the tops off... can use them then... when I did use them as finger tips, I couldn't feel what I was doing to my liking...

jrc

Over the years I have tried many things and for the last 4 or 5 years I have used Scotch 3/4" Gloss Finish MultiTask tape and is the only tape that the CA glue does not stick to. I can finish 4 to 6 pens before I need to change it.

Top Bottom