CA Bottles Rupture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncboyntx

I have not posted here in a long time but thought I would warn the group of a couple (2) of bottles of CA that I found ruptured today. Made a big mess on my lathe table but I caught it in time to unstick some other bottles. One bottle had Satellite City on the label, don't remeber who I ordered it from. The other was from Arizona Silhouette. I'm not trying to do harm to anyone's rep here, I love the service and material I have gotten from AZ S. Is it not real strange that two bottles would rupture at the same time? We have had some real hot weather this summer and the nights are starting to cool down here. Don't know what caused this but I put the rest of my CA bottles in glass jars just in case.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Any more particular information available?
HOw old were they?
Were they new?
HAD they been opened?
I have not used either brand you mentioned but I have never had a bottle rupture as you describe, let alone two.
It does seem odd.

Ron Mc

When you say rupture do you mean they cracked? I would also like to know the age because I have two large bottles of CA in my fridge that I use to refill smaller bottles. I don't think the temperature change would have anything to do with it. Do you keep any other chemicals near by?

Yarael

I know big change in temp could have done it. Plastic doesnt like drastic changes. If it went from real hot to real cold that could make the plastic that the bottles are made of fragile and eventually crack. If that is what you mean by rupture.

ncboyntx

The age of the bottles is 7 and 4 months with the AZ S bottle being the newest. They had both been opened and were about half full.

The rupture was actually a small vertical split along the seam of the bottle, the seam being the faint line that you see in plastic and glass bottles from the mold used in manufacturing.

The temp change was not that drastic. It was above 100 degrees here for several days back in August but has cooled off now to near normal which is 80's in the day and near 50 at night. I mentioned the temp because the previous night was the lowest of the season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom