CA Accelerator help . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cozee

I dropped my small pump bottle of accelerator which I had just filled with the last of my stash. Yep, most of it ended up on the floor and I have 6 pens to finish. No place to get it tonight. Any ideas on what I could possibly use?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Humidity speeds up CA curing (water is an accelerant). Heat also does the same (hot lamp, hair dryer, etc. may help). BLO though I haven't tried yet is supposedly also an accelerant.

cozee

Tried BLO, didn't do anything for me! Haven't smoked for 16 years. Been using the heat gun with decent success. Will try water! I've about got them done! Thanks all!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
A number of this will act as an accelerant.The best is acetone but ease of application is difficult as trying to find a spray bottle that will work and not disintegrate is hard to find.
Things that will work in a spray bottle are
Alcohol
Ammonia
I would even try hair spray.
I don't use accelerant when finishing bu any of these will work for glue ups.

Marc Phillips

Probably too late (story of my life [:D] ) but baking soda is the most.... uhhh, "intense" accelerator I have ever seen for CA.... even with an almost invisible coating the CA goes off immediately...

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
CA and baking soda is an excellent filler if you are goping to paint something.
Or something that can be seen.
I NEVER use accelerant for finishing.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Marc and Eagle, please tell us a bit more about the baking soda. And how do you apply the other things like the alcohol. Thanks in advance.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by skiprat
<br />Marc and Eagle, please tell us a bit more about the baking soda. And how do you apply the other things like the alcohol. Thanks in advance.
Fot the baking soad CA filler, fill void with Baking soda, drizzle in thin CA stand back.The stuff is as hard as woodpecker lips, actually it is harder.
For deep voids, do it in laters.The soda acts as an accelerant and may set before it hit the bottom of the hole.
For the other liquids, pump bottles from gall cleaner work.
Like I said eartlier acetone is the tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom