CA ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reed43

Mine is kept in a small refrigerator in my shop. As Lou said it will set up in 6-12 months if left out all the time.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
There is no cut and dry answer. Go to 10 different CA manufacturers sites and they will give you 4 different answers...the other 6 won't address shelf life at all. In my experience, if you keep CA in the refrigerator you can extend its shelf life to 12 months. Out of the refrigerator, it's about 6 months. Your mileage may vary...greatly. [8D]

Pipes

ahh a man who tells it like it is

Thanks NOW thats a answer I can understand as dumb as I am :O)
Thanks !!!![:D] so I got my whopen 16 oz bottle to keep it best I use a small bottle and put the BIGUN in the fridge ! wife a love that now I am storing super glue in the food LOL [:D]

http://affordablepipes.com/

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
In my experience, the less humidity in your area, the longer it will keep left out. If you keep in the the fridge, make sure you let it warm up to room temp before opening to prevent condensation inside the bottle.

Daniel

In my case it lasts about 12 months on the shelf open all the time. we have very low humidity here. I have been told it would last even longer in the fridge but can't beg borrow or steal the space from my wife. I can tell it went bad when it turns white as it sets. makes it useless for finishing. not sure what it does for the bonding ability.

Skye

^lol

Steve, the white is just the moisture's reaction. If you have wet CA and take a deep breath and breathe on it it'll turn white also. Of course, maybe my breath has gone bad like the water...

stevers

Funny Fritz, guess I stepped into that one. I'm actually still chuckeling.
Thanks Skye. I just ordered some from CSUSA. Hope the Insta Bond is a good one. I only have a half inch left in my bottle anyway.

DFM

Originally posted by Skye
<br />^lol

Steve, the white is just the moisture's reaction. If you have wet CA and take a deep breath and breathe on it it'll turn white also. Of course, maybe my breath has gone bad like the water...

Don't take too deep of a breath, especially don't breath in too deeply the CA fumes; it can make you smart. [:eek:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom