business cards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Perl

I am looking to see if anyone out there is in the printing business or would be willing to help me out with some business cards for my penturning. I mostly just do this as a hobby, that can help cover some costs to support my addiction (penturning.) If anyone already has a cool design ready to go and would be willing to print a small quantity order let me know. Send me a pm with a design and estimate on costs.

mp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KD5NRH

Watch VistaPrint and UPrinting for specials. If you get on their email lists, they'll notify you of specials at least once a month. Both of them have run 250-1000 full color business cards for only shipping costs in the last couple of years.

Always check the price for 1,000 cards from any vendor, as that seems to be where the price break usually falls, and sometimes it's cheaper than 250.

GoodTurns

+1 do watch for their coupon/online offers. you will spend SOME money getting what you want (the "free" cards are worth exactly that!). I got very nice cards, photo front with contact info and the back printed with a black and white logo and pen information space.... got 1,000 with a stamp and some other stuff for about $60. also, do not pay for "expedited" shipping....got mine in about 5 days with the free ship option.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Watch VistaPrint and UPrinting for specials. If you get on their email lists, they'll notify you of specials at least once a month. Both of them have run 250-1000 full color business cards for only shipping costs in the last couple of years.

Always check the price for 1,000 cards from any vendor, as that seems to be where the price break usually falls, and sometimes it's cheaper than 250.
How about once a day???? That's how often I get notices from Vistaprint.

+1 do watch for their coupon/online offers. you will spend SOME money getting what you want (the "free" cards are worth exactly that!). I got very nice cards, photo front with contact info and the back printed with a black and white logo and pen information space.... got 1,000 with a stamp and some other stuff for about $60. also, do not pay for "expedited" shipping....got mine in about 5 days with the free ship option.
Ditto. Fast shipping.

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Vista does some nice quality items, but Jon is correct that you get what you pay for. The base price is cheap, but add gloss finish to one side, custom design to the back, premium grade paper and dozens of other options for a surprise price. Just remember that the card is a representation of your company and your work. If your card says cheap then they potential customer might think the same of your work.

GoodTurns

pulled a couple of beat up ones out of my wallet....guess I should make a case for them?

Attachments

• buscard.jpg
    buscard.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 215

Lee K

I also had printed my own for awhile.

Recently we had about 250 printed at our local print shop. It was about the same as buying the AVERY one from Staples, but I didnt have to stand at the printer, and the quality was more consistent.

Printing 20-30 from the AVERY pack was very simple and served me well.

RDH79

I was printing my own ,but that got too expensive buying ink. So I tried vista print for 2 orders. Then I found fedex.com/office. They are a little more but I get printng on both sides now. And the templet was just perfect. Had alot of "WOW These are nice cards" since I switched.

Perl

Thanks for all the advice, this gives me some direction to go in. What about using the IAP Logo....is that allowable, common practice or not?

U-Turn

VistaPrint is fast and inexpensive - can round corners to make them stand out as well as some other things such as front and back, heavy stock, etc.

OKLAHOMAN

+1Vista Print

Vista print cards with Slick finish on front and description on back by the 1,000 around 45.00 with coupon, as said do not pay extra for expedited shipping.

IMG_2569.jpg

Mr Vic

If you can make your own master pdf try zooprinting dot com. I use them at work and they're about $12 for a thousand 4 color double sided with your choice of double sided coating. We do single sided so the salespeople can write on the back. You can add online proff for $5 and shipping is about $10 and up. You can order several versions of the same quantity which ship together an the shipping only goes up about $1.50 per thouusand. Quantities are the key. Talked to a guy th e other day and he was paying $70 per 500 for some fancy smansy elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom