bushiung question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

My niece has decided she wants to Majestic Jr fountain pen. Are there bushing from other kits that fit this kit such as sedona or something?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

Definetly not the Sedona, proablably none else. I do believe the ones for a kit called "the majestic jr." will fit though! :biggrin:

Dan Masshardt

Check to confirm but I believe Jr Gent 1 might be the same as Jr Majestic.

At least the bushings I got from lazerlinez say both names on the packaging

ldubia

Thanks much folks. I hated to go buy a set of bushings for a pen I probably won't make again. Jr Gent 1. Who da thunk it.

Thanks

cwolfs69

dont have to be exact size

Thanks much folks. I hated to go buy a set of bushings for a pen I probably won't make again. Jr Gent 1. Who da thunk it.

Thanks

i don't know your skill or equipment level but. if you are capable of using calipers to get to finish size you do not have to have the exact bushing for the kit. you just have to have one that is the proper size for the tube and smaller than needed for the kit. in fact most of the bushings i use for my pens have been turned, sanded or generally worn below the finish size for the pen kits any way. i finish with calipers and the smaller bushing allows and forces me to be more careful when turning and keep an eye on the size anyway.

just a thought

bgio13

There are a couple of bushing charts in the library under the references heading that are very useful. I keep a printed one by the lathe. It appears after a quick check though that none of the Jr. kit bushings will work.

Bill

Top Bottom