Bushings problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrBills

I recently purchased a set of PKCIGABU bushings from Woodturninz (who are closed right now or I would be on the phone with them instead of here...) and the two end bushings won't fit on any mandrel I have. The center bushing goes on just fine.

Am I doing something wrong or are they not right?

Thanks for any insights,

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

U-Turn

I had a problem with some of mine where the bsuings were too big. Talked to Jeff at Rockler and he fixed me up with a mandrel that fits the larger bushings - fixed my problem. However, it sounds strange to have busings with openings of two different sizes.

Bill

Andrew_K99

If the ID of the bushing is different they aren't the correct ones. There are two standard mandrels, type A which is most common, and B which isn't used often (the type Bill probably got from Rockler). Maybe they mixed some of each in the same set? Regardless the set you received is incorrect.

DrBills

If the ID of the bushing is different they aren't the correct ones. There are two standard mandrels, type A which is most common, and B which isn't used often (the type Bill probably got from Rockler). Maybe they mixed some of each in the same set? Regardless the set you received is incorrect.[/q

These are designed to go on a type A, type B has a larger circumference.

Bill

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Strange

If the ID of the bushing is different they aren't the correct ones. There are two standard mandrels, type A which is most common, and B which isn't used often (the type Bill probably got from Rockler). Maybe they mixed some of each in the same set? Regardless the set you received is incorrect.[/q

These are designed to go on a type A, type B has a larger circumference.

Bill

They used to sell mostly PSI stuff but must have changed on bushings - PSIs are PK-BIGBU for the cigars. At any rate I have received bushings where the hole was a little small and the bushing wouldn't go on the Mandrel, so it happens. I think it was Streamlines where it happened to me.

Wildman

What mandrel are you using?

Berea's A mandrel is thicker than CS and PSI mandrels. Berea's B mandrel is thicker than A.

So will have to modify PSI bushings to fit or buy a PSI mandrel.

If you have a PSI mandrel and bushings will not fit need new bushings.

Turning between centers solves that problem!

Last edited:

DrBills

I have two from Woodcraft and one from PSI. I tried the bushings on all three of them.

Bill

What mandrel are you using?

Berea's A mandrel is thicker than CS and PSI mandrels. Berea's B mandrel is thicker than A.

So will have to modify PSI bushings to fit or buy a PSI mandrel.

If you have a PSI mandrel and bushings will not fit need new bushings.

Turning between centers solves that problem!

DrBills

Thanks everyone who responded. I just spoke to Patrick at WoodTurningz, who worked his customer service magic, and a new set is on its way to me.

Take care,
Bill

Top Bottom