Bushings for the Perfect Fit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

snoplow

Anyone else have a problem with the "step bushing" for the Berea Perfect Fit? I've tried two sets now and the step that fits into the tube is really sloppy! (tube .322" bushing .309") In the past I had to wrap the bushing with 3 wraps of Teflon tape to take up the slack. This doesn't seem right to me. I don't know if I got a bad batch or if this is the norm. I hope this doesn't cause another stir like the Sierra bushing thing!
Roy

woodpens

Are you talking about the rollerball/fountain or the convertible ballpoint? I suspect the rollerball/fountain. The wood directly rides on the bushing. I put a piece of a Post-it note between the two. It is very difficult to make the cap without it becoming out of round. The key is to fill the gap between the bushing and the wood evenly.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by snoplow
<br />Anyone else have a problem with the "step bushing" for the Berea Perfect Fit? I've tried two sets now and the step that fits into the tube is really sloppy! (tube .322" bushing .309") In the past I had to wrap the bushing with 3 wraps of Teflon tape to take up the slack. This doesn't seem right to me. I don't know if I got a bad batch or if this is the norm. I hope this doesn't cause another stir like the Sierra bushing thing!
Roy
Did you get the bushings from woodcraft? If so be aware that those bushings have a problem and woodcraft discontinued the perfect fit kit.
I had the machine shop cut mine and I have no more problems.

snoplow

It's the ball point kit. And both sets of bushings are from AS. I believe the step is supposed to fit in the brass tube, one on each end of the upper barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom