Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

I've got what may sound like a stupid question .....but I can't seem to find a definite answer in anything I've got. Do the bushings needed to turn a pen come with the kit? I do know from watching Bill's Video that they wear out and I Know replacements can be bought, but do I need to order bushings plus my pen kits? Sorry to be so dense ....but I'm trying to get all my stuff together and wasn't clear about this. Still haven't received my initial starter kits I ordered from Penn State and boy am I wanting to get started!!!!! Thanks Guys!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Deere41h

Bushings do not come with the pen kits. They need to be ordered separately for each different pen you turn. You can find a list of the bushing you need in all of the catalogs you buy your kits from.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Generally you must buy a set of bushings for each style pen kit you use, but out of curiousity I just checked the PSI site looking at 'starter kits'...and it seems they give you everything you need to start - except they don't list bushings as part of the kit...very strange...if you ordered your kits from Ryan at woodturningz.com then give him a call and see if he knows..

Fleabit

Try CSUSA too. They do a lot of starter kits for specific pen kits. These include two pen kits, bushings and drill bit. Pretty reasonably priced too.

WoodChucker

It's also a good idea to have two sets of bushings for the pens you do most, one set for turning and a set for sanding and finishing. That way you don't mess up your master set for turning.

Thumbs

PSI gives you the bushings for the 7MM Slimlines in their "Starter Kit" along with 5 pen and 5 pencil kits along with drilled blanks for same! If you buy the "Starter Kit with Mandrel," that is. The mandrel assembly comes in MT#1, MT#2, ShopSmith fitting, or plain end for drill chuck use. They seem to have it covered! Good Luck and Good Turning!

mick

Thanks guys .....Thumbs, you see better than I do .....I looked all over the ad for the PSI starter kit(which is what I bought)and didn't see where bushings were included. Anyway I ordered some more , so I'll have plenty.....lol. BTW anybody order stuff from PSI lately, I was wondering what the delivery time was like ......seems like it's taking a long time, but then I'm just eager to get started. Thank's again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom