Bushing Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Last night on the voice chat on PalTalk, the subject turned to bushing storage. I just posted how I store my bushings. I thread them onto a chrome shower curtain ring, label each one and hang them on a dowel rod on the edge of a shelf. Don't know where I got the idea, maybe from one of the members here. If so, many thanks. I love this method of bushing storage. Here is a picture.

20057733946_bushings%203.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That's a cool idea Don! I keep mine in individually labled, small, zippered plastic bags inside something similar to a tackle box.

alamocdc

That is a great idea, Don. I've been storing mine like Jim, but in my toolbox next to my lathe. I think the shower curtain ring is a much better idea.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don,

That takes all the fun out of figuring out which one is which after the "tackle box" falls on the floor and they all co-mingle!

GREAT IDEA!

Dario

Don,

Great idea...even my wife thinks so. Soooo...she shouldn't mind if she finds a few of our shower curtain hangers missing [}:)][:D]. I will try to get the ones from the guest bathroom...I might live a few days longer LOL. [;)]

Good idea Don, and it's cheap[:D]. I use a Craft Mates 14 compartment locking caddy. I got it at Michaels. Your idea might be better though.
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?pageNumber=1&channel=0&search=yes&keywords=craft+mates&type=0&x=13&y=9

wayneis

Good idea Don (Wrong Way Don), what I do is almost as cheap. I use the little tin round boxs with glass tops, they're called watch makers boxs in some of the catalogs and they come in several different sizes. Some of them even come in a tin box, but I keep all of my bushings in these boxs with a lable on top of each and they are stored in the draw in my tool box.

What do you think Anthony, is that a good nick name for Don? Or maybe U-Turn Don would be better. ha ha.

Wayne

opfoto

Great idea Don.... Timing is everything.... I stepped on a bushing yesterday. After the customary words of praise. The search for more turned up 2 others that got away. Thanks in advance of me borrowing that idea.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Don...what a very clever economical way of keeping track.
I liked my system of using plastic pen tubes i got in a group purchase till I saw your yours,
now I guess gonna have to find an unoccupied shower [:)][:D]

M

Mudder

Excellent Idea Don.

I think I'll adopt it. Thanks for sharing.

its_virgil

You're welcome one and all. As I said, don't know where I got the idea but it is not original with me. The only problem is finding the metal curtain hangers. Forget Walmart etal, all they have are frufru plastic ones that snap/lock and are too larger in dia to fit in the hole on the bushings. I found these at one of the box-store home centers...Sutherland's to be exact. Good luck and have fun.
Do a good turn daily
Don

JimGo

We actually got some very small diameter metal shower curtain rings recently from Target. They have palm trees on them, but the palms can come off pretty easily. I think the ends should fit inside the bushings, but didn't think to measure them this morning when I was eyeing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom